Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Serious time...


...has been spent in my sewing room with the kids at my feet - literally......they do love each other.


First thing accomplished: A simple table runner measuring 38 1/2" by 17". Could work on Christmas year round if I had to.




Next finish: Table runner measuring 12" by 24".  The fused applique was machine blanket stitched.


On the work table: some just cut, some ready to applique and some ready to decide "how" to finish



Jolly Jabber put out "Vintage Ornaments" today to do for the next step in Deck-ade the Halls.  Since hubby left this morning, I was able to spend serious time in the sewing room again.



Wanted to share these little goodies I bought from FQS that has made my life so much easier.  You'll even see them in the above pic on top of each block piece.  Here's the link to see see them closer.  I used to always use cut up pieces of paper for labeling.  If the grandkids still had them, I would use their ABC letters they used to have.
 Vintage Ornaments is now complete!!!


Now to clean up the sewing room - or not.  I hear the hottub calling my name.

That's been my last 2/3 days. What have you been up to?

Hugs

12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You have been busy!!! I love those ornaments. So pretty and the table runners look great too.

Lesley said...

You have some great projects here, but my favorite are those ornaments...so pretty!

KaHolly said...

Not only busy, but super organized, too. I'll bet there isn't much to clean up in your sewing room at any given time! Loving those ornaments.

Stephanie said...

Nothing better than sewing with kids at your feet. :o) I feel creative in a clean space but right now I need a pogo stick to get around my sewing room! Pretty ornament blocks.

Yvette said...

Give me some of that energy! Everything is wonderful but nothing as cut as your babies hanging out with you.

Kindred Quilts said...

You have been busy! How smart to be working on Christmas projects. I'm getting some sewing done while I wait for repairs on my home computer and TV from the lightning strike...

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Way to 'sew Cindy'!! :-) You have really been busy~ love the ornaments! Have a great afternoon!

Kaaren said...

Wow, Cindy! Now that's what I call serious sewing time!

You've come up with some lovlies and I just love the ornies runner. Too cool!

Doesn't it make it all right when the fur babies are at your feet? I love it!

Sinta Renee said...

OMG! I can't believe that you got the next row finished already!!! I thought you were doing great with the table runners, I loved the row pins, and then you made my jaw drop! You are amazing!

Candace said...

Oh how I love having my girls near me when I sew! The doggies look so happy to be near you, Cindy! Looks like you had a really productive and fun day!
Cheers!

Barb said...

YOu are so organized....love your runner!

Carrie P. said...

Looks like you are in the Christmas spirit! Great projects. Glad to hear Bailey is doing better.