Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Catching Up...

Oh my, it's been 3 weeks since posting.  A bit of catching up to do.

Completed is the every other month Simply Charming little quilt for June sponsored by Kindred Quilts and Quilting Daze.  This one measures 24" by 19 1/2" and is called "Stars Over the Mountain"



I am SO enjoying participating in Fat Quarter Shop's "Deck-ade the Halls".The Gingerbread men were just fun to make.  The kit is available here but  if you choose to use your own fabrics,  they give a free pattern every two weeks for a new block with very easy instructions on "The Jolly Jabber:  Tomorrow is block #2.  


Yes, I make plenty of mistakes - and in this case - "100" of them.  I have my June's Schnibbles pattern, Dulcinea, cut and ready to sew as sponsored by A Quilting Life and Pink Pincushion.  Well, I should say "cut again" because I had to cut the white and aquas "AGAIN" since the first batch I sewed the wrong sides together.  It was SO much easier to just recut and save those 100 mistakes to use later , somehow.


And below is why I have been lax in posting on the blog for awhile.  Bailey, our rescue Weimaraner had major surgery May 24. The lab work came back and sadly it was cancer.  Her incision is a thrid around her body.  That's a drainage tube you see sticking out at the bottom of her incision.

Here she is resting in the corner under my sewing counter.  She's been a real trooper as I wrap and rewrap her in a make-shift bandage that I made from diapers I keep to use to make newborn burb cloths.  In these two pics, the incision is left open - which has to be done occasionally as well.  Her prognosis, as determined by the vet and the labwork done on the tumors, is good.  The labwork says it appears that they cut enough surrounding tissue to clear the cancer.  But I realize nothing is 100%.

The vet says the stitches will probably stay in a month.  They actually took two lumps out, one a tad bigger than a golf ball.  Bailey is "roughly" 4.  Not totally sure since she's a rescue.

Lastly, hubby put our fifth wheel in the driveway for a few days so we both could do a clean-up on it.  Ready to go...when Bailey gets better. We do have reservations in Durango, CO here , but not until after the Fourth.  We really enjoy it there.

Hoping my next post will be sooner rather than later.  Please forgive me for not hopping to your blogs to comment.  Time has just gotten away from me.

Sending you all good thoughts for a good week.

Hugs.

14 comments:

sunny said...

Oh poor Bailey! and poor Cindy. This has not been a good year for your pups. Fingers crossed that he heals nicely, and live to a very old age.

Carrie P. said...

no need to apologize. I am so sorry to hear the news about your sweet Bailey. Poor thing but I am glad the prognosis is a good one.
Love your little quilt and what a great looking kitchen in your camper.

Shelley said...

I know...my blog is sadly neglected too:( my days are just busy!I have the charm book, bought it to participate and do you think I have made one quilt out of it yet--nope. I really like the little one you chose this time. I think that will be a hard one to tackle for me. I still have hope though of getting some of the quilts done LOL..just maybe not this year :(

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh my poor Bailey. I hope you will have a great trip.

Kate said...

Oh, poor Bailey girl! I hope they got it all. Cancer in pets is no fun.

Kindred Quilts said...

I was wondering where you've been... so sorry to hear about Bailey. Hopefully a full recovery is just around the corner! Very pretty Stars Over the Mountain, Cindy... love the bright fabrics! Your camper kitchen looks so cozy! Have a fun time in Colorado!

Yvette said...

Bless Bailey's heart. Give her a big hug from her Auntie Yvette. I will pray that she will heal and all the cancer gone.

Your mini quilt is adorable!

SewCalGal said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Bailey for a quick recovery followed by a long life of good health. Such a sweetie. I think she'll enjoy going with you to Durango. Have fun. Big hug.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Needled Mom said...

I hope Bailey continues to do well and is back to normal soon. Our son also has a Weimaraner. They are gorgeous dogs. 4 is so young!

Durango is gorgeous. You will have a fabulous time.

Darlene said...

Sending Bailey lots of healing hugs from Cooper and I.

Nice to 'see' you when you an opportunity to post. :-)

QuiltSue said...

Oh poor Bailey. I do hope she gets better soon.

Poor you and DH too as it's horrible for you to see her unwell.

Candace said...

I adore the gingerbread men, Cindy, and totally sympathize on those mis-sewed block! I did that to an entire quilt once and just put it away! At least you re-cut and kept going! My heart goes out to Bailey! What a trooper she is and I hope she gets to enjoy you and Scott for many more years! Love where you're going in Durango - that looks like our kind of river!
Cheers!

Jackie said...

Hoping Bailey's recovery is a speedy one! That incision looks massive. Poor thing!

Chris said...

Knew what was going on from FB, but glad to hear from you with more information.

Sending you hugs!!