Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Schnibbles & Stuff

Sherri of A Quilting Life and Sinta of Pink Pincushion are hosting "another year of Schnibbles".  Schnibbles are patterns designed by Carrie Nelson (blog - LaVieEnRosie).

The first one due up is "Hat Trick".

Wanted to share a couple things that I made for Christmas 2012 for DD, Kelli @ Barr Tac.  This one hangs in her living room. A charm pattern by Sandy Gervais. (sorry for the tilted, distorted picture).  Kelli loves to sing so this one was quite appropriate for her, "Sing unto the Lord"....Psalm: 96

A sewing machine cover from a small fat quarter bundle, using the small GO tumbler die (no pattern).

Off to find my "Hat Trick" pattern to decide on fabrics.  THEN - the ironing.  LOL


Health Challenge:  After you iron "EACH" item, walk and put EACH item away, whether it's in your closet or in a dresser.  You'd be surprised how many extra steps you'll get in.  Yes, I do this!!
Hugs

11 comments:

Debi said...

They are all beautiful Cindy. I am thinking about doing Hat Trick myself!

Sherri said...

Can't wait to see what fabric you choose!

Judith Blinkenberg said...

Oh your little quilt is so charming. I love the message Cindy. And your sewing machine cover is cute. I like how it fits lower on the side, just like mine do. Great projects. I'm going to get Hat Trick too.

Stephanie said...

Great gifts. Looking forward to seeing your fabric choice for Hat Trick.

Yvette said...

Great idea for a sewing machine cover. I look forward to your Hat Trick. You are a Schnibbles queen.

Crispy said...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the Hat Trick. The project for your friend is wonderful and I'm sure she cherishes it. Love the health "moment", I not only put things away when done, but I do massive amounts of putting away after the old man LOL.

Crispy

Carol said...

Your sewing machine cover is so darn cute! I love it! Can't wait to see what you pick for Hat Trick...your health challenge trick is great...great way to get extra steps.

KaHolly said...

Loving your sewing machine cover. I keep intending on making one, but never seem to get around to it. Even have the fabric put away for it!! You little quilts are sweet, too.

Carrie P. said...

that cover is great. good tip about getting in extra steps!

Chris said...

You're my kind of girl! Love the "quilt show" today and I've been thinking the same kind of thing about steps. I run up and down the stairs to the basement all day and think, "This is good for me!"

Happy Wednesday evening! :-)

seamesparkle said...

I am joining in the Vintage Schnibbles fun. Can't wait to see your fabric choices.