Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Years in the Making...

Back....


Years of saving jeans, cutting jeans and bagging jeans for future use.  Jeans literally from decades past,  from all members of the family, even DD in Heaven.

I figured it was high time I untaped the box of several hundred jean squares and put them to some projects.  First, an ottoman for our grandson.  This 20" cube ottoman (foam cut and glued by local fabric/furniture shop) has been in our garage for TOO many years.  LOL.

 I inserted a BIG zipper all the way around for easy on/off to wash and dry it.


See that little leather "Wrangler" patch?  Since our grandson was not around when these jeans were accumulated, I wanted to add a "bit" of him so the leather WRANGLER is from a pair of "His" jeans from a few years ago.  Had to add "him" too.  LOL

I haven't been lost from blogging....just misplaced for awhile.  I've never stopped my love of sewing which means I have TONS to share with you all.

Wishing everyone Happy Sewing this holiday season.

I'll be back....soon.

(but I do need any help and/or insight anyone might want to share because Blogger has dramatically changed since last I've been here)


Hugs


12 comments:

Sherri said...

Welcome! Wonderful to have you back!

Darlene said...

Welcome back! You've been missed.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Welcome back Cindy!! Oh how I have missed you!! (hugs) Cute ottoman! ;-)

Carol said...

Welcome back...you sure have been missed here!

CJ Tinkle said...

Welcome back Cindy! The ottoman rocks!

ytsmom said...

Glad to see you're back. I've missed your posts.

Diane said...

nice to see your post! love the ottoman.

MoeWest said...

The ottoman looks great! I started saving old jeans too but I haven't cut them into squares yet. I was thinking of using them in a rag quilt. I also started saving fancy jean back pockets to use in a wall organizer for my GD. What else do you plan to make with your jean squares?

SewCalGal said...

I agree. Welcome back. Missed you more than you probably realize.

These ottoman really look great.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Oh Cindy, how nice to see a post from you. How are you? Your ottoman is such a creative use of old jeans. Love it!

Cindy said...

Thank you ALL!
I appreciate all your welcomes and look forward to seeing you again soon.

I don't know why only a handful of comments came through to my email. I'll check my settings again.

Chris said...

So glad to have you back! :-)