Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Before & After Wieght Loss

This is somewhat of a tough post to do but I've learned to be REAL about my weight - for me.

I thought I'd show some "BEFORE" and "AFTER" weight loss photos of me. I have been fotunate enough to maintain my weight loss and am continuing to do so. 

The 2 pics below are me at a shameful 202 pounds in November 2010.  I am 5'5 ...or two hairs under...LOL



I started my weight loss journey mid January of this year.  I joined Weight Watchers then and diligently kept on their points system for a couple months...until....Candace turned me onto Livestrong. I have been faithful to Livestrong since.  I still attend WW meetings but solely for individual and group support.  I am now a free member for life after having reached my personal goal weight.

WW put my goal weight at 150 pounds.  I reached 150 lbs in five months.  But, me being me, was not happy with that goal so I asked to be reset at 145 lbs.  Done. I continued to lose and now stay at or around 140 pounds.  But, I have reset a new goal for myself - 134 lbs by Christmas.  And since I have typed it on my blog, I will give it every effort possible.

So here ya go - AFTER photos...of the summer wedding of a niece .

Hubby and me @ wedding

Me just before eatting MUD PIE at "The Beef"
Yes, I still eat my sweets..LOL

Cindy and DD, Kelli..having too much fun

Four generations of girls @ the wedding
Mimi, Great Grandma, Mom and Katie

Coming out of "The Beef" with food in hand..LOL
Cindy, Kelli, Ty and Katie

Started with Hubby and always ends with hubby


I have gone from a VERY TIGHT size 16W jeans (some 18s) to a VERY comfortable size 6 jeans, and a slightly tight size 4...jeans.

I have gone from a size 2XL in tops to a size Small...(medium if I chose even loser fitting).

That's my story and I'm STICKING WITH IT.  

And thank YOU for sticking with Sew Cindy.

Hugs.

32 comments:

sunny said...

Congrats Cindy! I don't think there was anything shameful about where you started, but I'm glad you're more comfortable about YOU! You rock!!

Sandi said...

Congrats on this journey! You look fabulous! I am thinking I should take this journey, too. It is so easy to add the pounds but much harder to get them off!

Sew Unique Creations said...

Wow! Amazing. - good for you!

Stephanie said...

All that really matters is that you're happy. You look terrific and certainly look very happy. Congratulations on your achievement.

Darlene said...

Way to go, Cindy! Applause, applause, applause!!!!

Sallie said...

Congratulations, Cindy! Way to go!

Yvette said...

I am so proud of you! You look fantastic!!

Shakerwood said...

Great job!!! I started in May with the same tight size 16 and just refused to go shopping in "my mom's department". Now I am down to a loose 14. Now you are my hero and mentor so keep letting us know how you are doing!

Diane H said...

Bless you for being such a wonderful inspiration - no matter what size you are. Great job!

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Weight loss is a tough road and a personal journey. I'm glad you got to a place you're happy and healthy.

What was it about LIveStrong that worked so well for you?

Crispy said...

Oh Cindy I'm so dang proud of you!!!! You GO Girl Friend :0) I have been and will be MIA from blog land as I adjust to working full time and working goofy hours but I HAD to stop and say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Crispy

Kaaren said...

You GO girl!

Cindy, you looked great before but you look HAPPY now. Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations, my friend.

Donna said...

Congratulations. You look fabulous!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

You look fantastic! You really do rock for making a goal and sticking with it! Congratulations Cindy!

GerryART said...

Man, oh, man.
You are one determined gal ! ! !

Can you believe how you can manage a size 6/4 pants.

Soooo, kewl ! ! ! !

Great Going, Cindy.

hugs

VickiB said...

Just wonderful! Congratulations on your hard work!

tpott said...

WOW!!!!! You look fantastic. Congrats on making your goal. ;->

Barb said...

Wow...you look fantastic....and an inspiration to me....if I can just keep the weight loss mojo going...I can get her going but not stick with it. You did great!! So glad you are better and back with us.

annieb said...

Congratulations! You look wonderful.

KaHolly said...

Amazing progress. You should stand up and take a bow. I know how difficult it is to lose weight and I applaud your success!

paulette said...

Wow!! Congrat to you!! You look beautiful!! It's easy to put it on but oh so hard to take it off! You did it!! You must feel great!!
Paulette

Linda said...

That's awesome!!! Congratulations Cindy! You look amazing!! Way to go!!

Janet said...

You look great!!

Quilt Hollow said...

You are my idol! You are absolutely right that when you put your mind to something you are serious and stick to it! You've done it...and Cindy, I have no doubt you will reach your weight goal by the holidays. Congrats sweet friend, congrats!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal. You look great. Thanks for the links, too. Off ot check them out.

Debi said...

Wonderful job Cindy, I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work, I know you will reach your goal.

Jen said...

You look fabulous! Good for you for all your hard work and dedication. Way to go!

Carol said...

You are such an inspiration...thank you so much for sharing your story with us. What determination you have...Cheering for you! You are amazing my friend!

Polly said...

Well, hello, dear friend! We are so happy to see your smile! We love you no matter what size you are! Congrats on the new you! You look marvelous!! You look healthy and very happy! Doesn't get better than that!! Welcome back!!

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations Cindy. I'm so very proud of you. And what a great role model you have become to inspire others. Great job!

Let's cheer to Long Life & Good Health!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Carrie P. said...

Good for you, Cindy.
You should be very proud. It is tough to loose weight but you did it and you look fabulous.

Soggibottom said...

Wow Cindy, just look at you :-) WELL DONE. There is that thin lady inside the tight fitting jeans, great photo's of you. X X X