Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Day - Barefoot in the Park Pattern


I was so honored when Stephanie of Loft Creations asked me to be one of her "Supremes". What, you may ask, is a Supreme. It is someone that test stitches one of Stephanie's wonderful patterns before it becomes available to the public.

I believe that most know Stephanie as the talented handbag/tote pattern maker that she is. But, she now is designing quilts!! And I was so fortunate to be able to test stitch her very first one, "Barefoot in the Park". (so sorry but blogger will NOT allow this photo to turn properly but atleast now I can upload a photo.)



And not only does this fabulous quilt pattern have one beautiful side but the back, as pictured below is just as beautiful.



I'd love to share this beauty quilted but DD went camping this afternoon and she has laid claim to it.

BUT - you can see completed versions of "Barefoot in the Park" on Stephanie's Blog. It is truly a beauty to behold in SO many color combos.

Here it is completed in beautiful sunshine colors made expertly by Candace of Squash House Quilts. She has truly made Stephanie's "Barefoot in the Park" shine.

Stephanie is offering a PDF file of "Barefoot in the Park" as a One Day right here!!! All you have to do is to leave a comment on this post, and as many of you know, when I boot up my computer tomorrow morning a winner will be announced.

*********************************************************************************

On another note:

Blogger has been giving me a bit of trouble lately but having patience and such WONDERFUL bloggers like Crispy of Crispy Quilts and Barb of Bejeweled Quilts by Barb has allowed me to work blogger once again. Oh, it's not totally up to speed but I'd like to thank these two ladies for their input to get me started once more.


*********************************************************************************

A Special Note:

Thank you, Stephanie, for having the trust and faith in me to test stitch your patterns. It is truly my pleasure.......and guess what I'm almost done with? (wink)

38 comments:

Nancy said...

OH NO...dang it all..first comments never win... oh well, never tried-never will..

Would love to win this pattern...

bo said...

love it..beautifully done

Kim said...

Love it! Great job. I'd always like to win a new pattern.

Ulla said...

This is a very nice pattern, and I like your choice of colours very much! Blogger has been unfriendly to me too lately. - I can get the pictures shown the way I want when I try again and turn them in my file one way and then back again.

Needled Mom said...

You did a wonderful job on it and the back is as lovely as the front.

Cyndi said...

Hey Cindy....I'm just glad that you're back! This is such a cute pattern and I'm sure your finished quilt is fabulous...you will show it to us once your daughter brings the camera back, right? :o)

This is a wonderful give away...thank you so much for the opportunity to win that wonderful pattern!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Maria said...

You did a wonderful job of testing the pattern Cyndi. Just love the colour combo.
Would love to win the pattern.

treadlemusic said...

Really like that quilt. Fresh and simple....screams "summer"! Would love to be able to make my own! Tote bags, quilts, etc, etc. Textiles are such a creative medium!!!!

VickiB said...

Glad to see you posting again! If having company helps, Blogger has not been cooperative with me either. The quilt looks wonderful and I'm sure your daughter is enjoying it!

Kate said...

It looks lovely! You did a great job. :) Would love to test it out myself.

Carol said...

Very nice Cindy. I would love to win a copy of this pattern. That's very weird about your picture, I have never had that problem with blogger, maybe because I'm a Mac girl. Have a nice day.

Melinda said...

Nice quilt - I would love to win a pattern.

Barb said...

Oh..the sewing Supremes...not the singing Group...HA!! I can see why she asked you, you do wonderful for.

Grams said...

Such a great pattern. It would be fun to create a quilt from that.

vail in tn

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I love Stephanie's patterns! Please put my name in! Thanks! Your quilt turned out great too!

MGM

Michelle said...

What a pretty pattern! Thanks for the chance!

Sallie said...

Great quilt! Thanks for the chance to win the pattern!

Carrie P. said...

Hey Cindy,
your version of the pattern is so pretty. I love the browns.
Don't put my name in the drawing because I have the pattern.

Lee D said...

blogger has been giving many of us issues lately. thanks for the chance to win this awesome quilt pattern

LeAnn said...

You did such a nice nice job on this quilt! I would send you any of mine any time - ha ha!

Janet said...

I'll try to comment again! Not sure where my other one went. After two months of no sewing I am going to treat myself to starting a new project--maybe this one, if I will the pattern.

Sinta Renee said...

Nice to see what you have been up to Cindy! How fun to be testing out a pattern... and it looks like it's a fun one! My cousing just made her first quilt and the pattern had errors... only so much I could do living in another state... thank goodness it was resolved before she packed it up and sent the whole project to me in frustration!

Susan C said...

What a fun design! I love the back as much as the front! Thank you for the opportunity to win this wonderful pattern.

CJ said...

I'd love to win that pattern and to see what you are sewing for Stephanie now. :D

Marcia W. said...

Lots of problems with blogger from commenter standpoint, even today trying to get into your site.
You did a fantastic job! Would enjoy winning a copy of the pattern though doubt can do as well as you did. Thanks for the opportunity.

Marcia W. said...

Lots of problems with blogger from commenter standpoint, even today trying to get into your site.
You did a fantastic job! Would enjoy winning a copy of the pattern though doubt can do as well as you did. Thanks for the opportunity.

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Oh how fun to be a Supreme! Your quilt is so cute! I'm so glad to see you back! {{hugs}}

Polly said...

Beautiful job as usual, girlfriend!

Lee said...

Thanks for sharing what you have been doing! thanks for the "one day" :)

Pauline said...

Cindy, what a wonderful quilt Stephanie has designed! I love that she has included instructions for a pieced back as I love the idea, but never know what to do on my backsides (lol)

Blogger is driving me crazy...

kimland said...

Would love to have Stephanies pattern, I loved her Oak Park bag, fun to put together!

Colleen said...

Looks like a great pattern I love that it is reversible!

Ramona said...

I love this quilt pattern and the fact that both sides are so cute. Makes it extra fun! Thanks for a chance to win.

sunny said...

Great job! I'm feeling lucky....

Roselie said...

It would be wonderful to win that awesome pattern. Love the idea that it looks great on the back, too.

Linda said...

Gorgeous! I love the fabric you chose for your version!!

Lynn said...

Your version of this pattern is terrific, thanks for the chance to win!

mblittle5 said...

Very pretty quilt! Thanks for the chance to win.