Abraham Lincoln

It's smarter to remain quiet and be thought a fool rather than speak out and leave no doubt.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

December Schnibbles


I turned my December Schnibbles pattern, Tuffets, into Coasters and made a small bag for them. I took a couple photos of "work in progress". After putting the little tops together using muslin as a foundation, I then put a piece of batting with it when I put it on my stabilized hoop to embroider. The designs are ones that were preprogramed in my Bernina 830. (Since having to get my new computer, I haven't downloaded my DP V6 software yet ...need to download drivers) To put them together, I added another piece of batting with the backing, sewed and turned. Each Tuffet (coaster) has a different design, simple quilting designs.
Are they perfect? No. But, as Carrie said in her directions, you get better as you make more. And so, I made more..and more..and more. The fabric I used was Benartex Fossil Ferns Sampler Pack which are 5" pre-cuts. There are so many in a sampler pack, that I'm well on my way to finishing up a second set of Tuffets (coasters) with another little bag to match for another gift.

And, yes, those little blocks are now straight. Hey - doesn't practice make better? ( not necessarily "perfect" LOL)

The little bag was made by Sherri that gave me the idea. She got the free tutorial from P.S. I Quilt's, Rachel.

10 comments:

call me crazy said...

Very cute Cindy! I love the batiks and the neat quilting!
Happy New Year!

Stephanie said...

Cute! I'd need a degree in computer technology to work that machine. Looks like you're having lots of fun with it.

Fiesta said...

Cindy the tuffett pattern is too cute.
I will have to search for that one

Karen said...

I have been wanting to make some of the Tuffetts. Your idea to make coasters is a good one.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Cindy what a brilliant creative idea! Love the coasters. And the little bag is perfect to hold them. Great job :-)

Yvette said...

You have been very busy!!

They are just too adorable.

Crispy said...

I love the coasters and the little bag to hold them is a wonderful idea.

Crispy

Polly said...

Cindy,
OMG!!!!!!! They are absolutely adorable! What a good idea to turn them into coasters! What a terrific gift idea! I love the quilting on them as much as the fabrics! I have a 640E and have never used any of the quilting motifs...think I'll have to try this out! Happy New Year! I'm soooo glad I've met you and love reading your inspirational blog! Polly :-)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Your Tuffets are SO CUTE, Cindy! I love that you made them into coasters. What a great idea -- and the little bad is cute, too!

CJ said...

Too cute Cindy! I might have to try those since I need some new coasters downstairs, in browns. Love the quilting!